These bacon wrapped mushrooms might be one of the easiest recipes I have made in quite awhile. You only need THREE INGREDIENTS: mushrooms, bacon, and mozzarella. The night I made these, I just made them for my sister, roommate and myself to snack on for a movie night. But, I think this would be a great recipe to take to a family dinner, a potluck with friends, or a food day at work… really any event where food is welcome, which in my life is anywhere and everywhere.
- 1 pkg. baby or button mushrooms (8 oz)
- 1/2 lb. bacon (sliced in half)
- 4-5 oz. mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Clean mushrooms by brushing them with a clean towel.
- Destem the mushrooms and place on a baking sheet.
- Wrap half slices of bacon around the mushrooms and secure with toothpicks.
- Place mozzarella cheese inside the bacon-wrapped mushrooms. I used mozzarella pearls. 1-2 pearls fit perfectly in the center of each mushroom. But feel free to use shredded mozzarella or slices of fresh mozzarella if that’s what you have on hand.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the bacon is cooked through and crispy.